May 2021 Minutes

Great Hale Parish Council

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held remotely on

Monday 4th May 2021 via Zoom Video Call

Present: Chairman Cllr N. Turner, Cllrs J. Cope, N.Dady, L.Mountain, S.Needham and M. Barnatt and A. Broom.

In attendance: Clerk K. Sinclair and District Cllr S. Ogden.

Public Forum.

There we no members of the public present.

The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.32pm.


Official Business of the Council

1. To elect chair and vice-chair and sign the declaration of acceptance of office (21/029)

It was unanimously resolved to accept the nominations of Cllr N Turner to be Chairman and Cllr S Needham as Vice-Chair.

Action: Declaration of acceptance of office to be signed as soon as possible.

2. To receive apologies and reasons given (21/030)

Apologises were received from District Cllr S Tarry and the reasons given were accepted by council.

3. To approve the draft minutes from the meeting held on Monday 12th April 2021 (21/031)

It was unanimously resolved that the draft minutes from the previous meeting were a true record.

Action: Chairman to sign the minutes when next possible. Clerk to upload to the website.

4. To receive declarations of interest and to receive written requests for new DPI dispensations (21/032)

Cllr Needham declared an interest in item 9.3.

5. To receive reports from any District Councillors, County Councillors or Police in attendance (21/033)

The District Cllrs informed the council that they remain in a period of purdah and therefore had no updates at this time.

Cllr N Turner asked whether the District Council were returning to face-to-face meetings following the change in legislation. District Cllr S Ogden was not aware of any plans to return to face-to-face meetings in the near future.

6. Planning applications

6.1 Application 21/0473/FUL Mons Cottage Old Main Road East Heckington Boston (21/034)

No comments were made on this application.

6.2 Application 21/0677/HOUS Bramble Cottage Great Hale Drove Great Hale Sleaford (21/035)

No comments were made on this application.

District Cllr S Ogden left the meeting at 7.40pm.

7. To review and amend where necessary the councils standing orders, financial regulations and other policies (21/036)

It was unanimously resolved to reduce the limit for the clerk’s emergency expenditure from £500 to £200 and all other policies had no changes made.

Action: Clerk to amend standing orders accordingly and update on website.

Financial matters

8.1 To approve the bank reconciliation and spend to date (21/037)

It was unanimously resolved to accept bank reconciliation and the spend to date.

Bank Reconciliation: Treasurers Account – 31st March 2021


Balance on 28th February 2021

 £         5,694.12

Total paid in

 £       13,500.00

Total paid out

 £         1,582.82

Balance on 31st March 2021

 £       17,611.30

General Ledger

Balance on 31st March 2021

 £       17,611.30

Account balances       

Treasurers account       £17,611.30

Business account              £250.27

Scottish Widows             £6,213.48

Total                            £24,075.05




8.2 To approve the accounts for payment (21/038)

It was unanimously resolved to approve the accounts for payment.

Action: Clerk to make BACS payments for all outstanding payments.




K Sinclair




PAYE deductions


PJ Gardening

Grass cut


Payments made since last meeting

K Sinclair



EE Limited

Phone bill



Data Protection Officer


8.3 To receive the internal auditor’s report (21/039)

The report was not available at the time of the meeting.

9. Highway matters for discussion

9.1 To receive an update on any outstanding potholes (21/040)

No further work had been carried out since last meeting.

9.2 To receive update on grass cutting in Great Hale (21/041)

The contractor has started routine cuts as requested.

9.3 To receive an update on the bid for a pavement between Grove Street and Barnard Close along Leas Road (21/042)

The County Cllr B Young responded to the request and informed the clerk that he would be standing down as the County Cllr but would pass on the request to his replacement.

9.4 To receive an update on the replacement grit bin on the corner of Leas Road and Grove Street (21/043)

The grit bin has now been replaced.

10. Orchard Green

10.1 To receive an update on Orchard Green inspections (21/044)

Cllr S Needham reported some litter but no dog fouling. A working party met at Orchard Green and trimmed the perimeter. A big thanks was made to Nick Needham for volunteering their time to assist with the tidy up.

Cllr Needham to continue to do inspections throughout May.

10.2 To receive an update on the annual playground inspection (21/045)

Wicksteed have now confirmed the inspection date as 10 May.

11. Matters for discussion and resolution

11.1 To receive update on dog fouling signage around the village (21/046)

Cllr Turner has received some paper dog fouling signs which were supplied by NKDC. The council agreed that these where not sufficient and that quotes for more robust signage should be obtained for next meeting.

Action: Clerk to get quotes for dog fouling signage.

12. Correspondence (21/047) - as per list

Received From



Update on block culvert

The resident had received an update from Network Rail to say that further investigations into the blockage would be commencing in the coming months.

13. Future agenda items (21/048)

No requests were made for the next agenda.

14. To resolve to move into closed session in accordance with the public bodies (admission to meetings) act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed in relation to HR matters (21/049)

It was unanimously resolved to move into closed session.

The meeting was closed to the public at 8.14pm.

14.1 To discuss the interviews for the applications received (21/050)

Interviews are to be held on Tuesday 11 May 2021.

Action: Clerk to contact applicants and arrange interviews.

15.   Date of next meeting (21/051)

An Extra-Ordinary Meeting it to be held on Wednesday 23 June so that the external audit can be completed by the deadline and the appointment of the clerk can be finalised.

The meeting closed at 8.31pm.