Health & Safety Policy
Adopted in August 2022; Last Reviewed June 2023
Our Statement of General Policy is:
1. To provide adequate control of Health and Safety risks arising from our activities and hence prevent accidents.
2. To consult with members on matters of Health and Safety.
3. To issue all members with copies of the Council’s policy statement.
4. To give adequate guidance and ensure all members are competent to do their tasks.
5. To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
6. To ensure ‘lone worker’ safety issues of the Clerk are understood and resolved satisfactorily.
7. To review and revise this Policy at each AGM or sooner if necessary.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
1. The overall responsibility for the implementation of the general policy for Health and Safety within the Council is with the whole Parish Council.
2. It is the responsibility of a member of the Council to carry out the weekly inspections of Orchard Green play area and to report any matter that raises a Health and Safety issue.
3. An annual inspection of the play area is undertaken by RoSPA or other professional inspection company and it is the responsibility of the Council to take note of RoSPA’s or the other professional inspection company’s findings and take action where necessary.
4. A copy of the RoSPA or other professional inspection company report to be forwarded to the Council’s insurance company for their attention. It is the Council’s responsibility to meet any insurance requirements.
5. It is the responsibility of all members and visitors to the meetings to take reasonable care of themselves.
6. It is the responsibility of adults and children visiting the Orchard Green play area to take reasonable care of themselves, and of any person who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
7. It is the responsibility of every person who uses any of the Council’s facilities (e.g. bus shelter, Millennium bench) to take reasonable care of themselves.
8. It is the responsibility of members, visitors and volunteers, when carrying out work in the Parish, to have appropriate protective equipment to ensure a safe working environment.